PIB (Portable Isolation Booth)
All rooms can have a negative influence on the direct sound by “coloring” the sound source that is being recorded. The GIK AcousticsPIB (Portable Isolation Booth) effectively isolates a vocalist or sound source from a room which significantly improves the recording quality.
SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE OVER COMPETING PRODUCTS
Most portable sound booths / shields provide some sound isolation but lack quality performance. Small vocal shields using thin foam will only absorb high frequency content, leaving the low frequency content untouched. This results in a perceivably “boomy” and “muddy” sound, which degrades the clarity of the sound source. The PIB is made of 50mm rigid rockwool which effectively absorbs down to 150Hz, yielding improved clarity.
SIZE DOES MATTER
The size of the PIB (Portable Isolation Booth) makes it more effective than other portable vocal shields because the large surface catches and absorbs more room reflections. The large size also means the PIB surrounds the mic making it more natural for a singer as opposed to singing into a U shaped piece of foam.
STYLE AND SUBSTANCE
The most unique feature of the PIB (Portable Isolation Booth) is one side has a thin, rigid plate with stylish cutouts which provides absorption while being semi-reflective. The rigid plate is ideal when recording and tracking as it will reflect high frequency content across the room, in turn improving the sonic image of your tracking or listening environment.
The PIB (Portable Isolation Booth) is hinged and collapsible making it a combination portable standalone isolation booth and a compact isolation shield.
- Unfolded it acts as a vocal booth; and unlike a mic shield, the PIB expands to 200cm tall x 108cm wide
- Collapsed it can be used as an isolation screen around acoustic guitars
The PIB is versatile, adjustable and suitable in any environment; whether it’s a bedroom studio or a professional recording facility.
- Compact, durable, freestanding, easily stored
- Standard size unfolded: 108cm wide (each panel is 54cm) x 200cm tall
- Standard size collapsed: 108cm wide (each panel is 54cm) x 114cm tall
- Weight: 20 kgs
- Semi-Reflective plate available in beech wood veneer, black veneer, or white veneer
- available in 9 standard Camira Cara fabric colours
- additional Camira Cara and Camira Lucia fabric choices available
- employs ECOSE® technology absorption material.