Tri-Trap Bass Trap
The GIK Acoustics Tri-Trap is one of our most effective products for controlling low-end frequencies that build up in corners. The Tri-Trap is constructed with a solid core, which makes it freestanding and able to support up to 50 pounds in weight. Since we recommend treating as much of the corners as possible, the Tri-Trap is also stackable allowing full floor-to-ceiling coverage.
We’re frequently asked how our products compare to foam wedges that can be found on the internet. Not only are foam bass traps unattractive, but they are far less effective in sound wave absorption than acoustic panels. The Tri-Trap has been effectively designed to absorb more low end, but also does an excellent job of absorbing the high end, creating smooth sound absorption from 50 Hz to 5000 Hz.
In his review, Tom Andry of Audioholics says, “The GIK Tri-Traps are a no-brainer for the enthusiast that is serious about making their room sound better.”
If you want absorption coupled with scattering, you can opt to have the GIK Acoustics Scatter Plate built into your Tri-Trap to further balance out the room. When ordering on our website, simply place the Tri- Traps into your shopping cart, then go to the Scatter Plate page and select “Tri-Trap” as the product you want the plate added to.
As with all our products, the Tri-Trap employs ECOSE technology which is easy on air quality for your room, the environment, and your budget.
At GIK Acoustics, we offer quality, Eco-friendly products and provide our customers with custom acoustical advice. We take a holistic approach in helping customers understand the acoustical issues in their space and then present a practical approach to addressing the issues. Just click on “Acoustical Room Advice” and let us know how we can help.
GIK Acoustic Panels are tested and certified by the Riverbank Acoustical Laboratories (RAL). GIK Acoustics panels submitted to standard “J” testing acoustic test method. “J” testing simulates the recommended mounting of the product by the manufacturer in the corner.
Riverbank Acoustical Laboratories (RAL)TM has been accredited under the National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP). The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) administers the NVLAP program. NVLAP is comprised of a series of laboratory accreditation programs, which includes specific calibration and/or test standards and related methods and protocols assembled to satisfy the unique needs for accreditation in the fields of testing or calibration. NVLAP accredits public and private laboratories based on evaluation of their technical qualifications and competency to carry out specific calibration or tests.
Riverbank Acoustical Laboratories (RAL)TM test methods adhere to ASTM standards. Formerly known as the American Society for Testing and Materials, ASTM International provides standards that are accepted and used in research and development, product testing, quality systems, and commercial transactions around the globe.
- Designed to fit in any corner
- Able to support up to 22.5 kgs in weight
- Top and bottom available in three colours: white vinyl, black vinyl, Walnut Wood Veneer, Gray Elm Wood Veneer, or Beech Wood Veneer
- standard size: 1200mm tall x 585 mm front
- weight: 6 kg
- can be custom sized to fit your specifications
- RANGE LIMITER options
- Choose your level of absorption with FlexRange Technology Bass Traps
- FULL RANGE – without a membrane, bass traps are broadband
- RANGE LIMITER – with a membrane, bass traps absorb even lower frequencies while the membrane has less effect absorbing upper frequencies
- optional built-in Scatter Plate for an even balance of absorption, diffusion, and scattering
- available in 9 standard Camira Cara fabric colors
- additional Camira Cara and Camira Lucia fabric choices available
- employs ECOSE® technology absorption material.